- The deficit was £30.5 billion in 2019.
- One in five employers are likely to make redundancies.
- Borrowing stood at £17.9 billion in June 2021.
- One in five remain unsure about their debt repayments.
- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
Get advice from our experts
You can come to visit us or we're happy to meet you at your home or office.